The aim of the social media workshop is to give a clear insight into the areas that make up the world of social media marketing and how they fit together and deliver against the goals that companies set for them in today’s ever more competitive marketplace.
We will look at to how the social media opportunities marketing tools integrate with other marketing techniques and will take particular emphasis on Search Engine Marketing (with the main focus on Search Engine Optimisation and Pay Per Click) and Social Media Marketing including blogging and the business use of social networking.
1. Social Media: coming ready or not
An overview of the major step change that social media has brought in terms of communicating with and influencing customers and other businesses. We look at the way it should integrate with your other marketing activities and introduce the tools that we will be examining in more depth later in the session.
- Overview of Social Media Marketing opportunities
- Fundamentals of Social Media
- Where it fits into the marketing mix
- Introduction to key Social Media Tools
2. The Business Blog and its uses
Examination of the implementation, use and development of business blogs as a key online marketing and PR tool including their integration with websites and their position at the centre of B2B social media marketing activity.
- Key Questions when setting up a blog
- The Green Cross code of Blogging
- Writing blog psost which benefit you and your readers
- Blog Marketing including SEO aspects of blogs
- Optimising blogs for your business
3. Social and Business Networking
We look at how companies are using sites like Facebook and LinkedIn to develop communities of loyal fans and increase both prospects and sales. We also evaluate ways in which you can use these and other networks to best effect and some advice on ways to ensure that you do so successfully.
- Identifying the best networks for your business
- Setting up and using the large networks successfully
- Developing reputation online
- Linking your social networking activities together
4. Twitter – getting the microblogging bug
Twitter is the current darling of the social media world. While better suited to some businesses than others, the opportunities are there in abundance for us to take advantage of in terms of networking, relationship building and soft selling. We examine the “why” and outline the “how” to getting the best out of Twitter!
- What is Twitter and what can it bring you
- Setting up on Twitter to get real results
- Examples from the Business world
- Your daily regime for a successful Twitter experience
5. Tapping into Video and Podcasts
We all take information in different ways and so it’s essential that we offer our content in ways that will appeal to all of our potential visitors, which means that we must include video and audio. We look at the ways in which this content can be used most effectively and how to follow those businesses which have made a success using these methods.
- Creating a YouTube profile
- Understanding how to optimise content for search engines
- Podcasts and spreading the word
- Developing our content to best effect
6. Measuring and Integration
Measuring the results of a campaign and acting on them is critical to developing further in the future. In the final section, we look at how best to look at integrating all the different strands of social media marketing and ways in which to measure their results.
- Integrating social media to optimise activity and content
- Using the tools available effectively
- Measuring activity, visitors and ROI
- Summarising the workshop
For the latest open social media and LinkedIn workshops and training event details click the link.
To discuss the opportunities further please contact
Social Media Director
Or complete our enquiry form… Thank you.