The Social Media Business Awards are just getting under way and looking for entries from around Berkshire UK… only 10 from each town (Bracknell, Maidenhead, Newbury, Reading, Slough, Windsor & Maidenhead, Wokingham) … are you a natural WINNER? What you waiting for?
After Jon won one of Social Media Week’s Awards in 2012 he decided to launch his own Social Media Business Awards and really celebrate each winner, helping them maximise their exposure… but you need to be “In it to WIN it!”
SOCIAL MEDIA BUSINESS AWARDS 2012
- • 100 TOWNS & CITIES ACROSS THE UK
• 10 LOCAL BUSINESS ENTRIES : FIRST COME FIRST SERVED
• 3 FINALISTS PRESENT AT LOCAL VENUE
• 1 WINNER FROM EACH TOWN / CITY
Starting with a call out to Berkshire, so we can celebrate local winners at our event already in the diary for 21st June 2012… the Berkshire in Business EXPO and then, after the Olympics in July and the August summer holidays for the family, we’ll push out with a further 94 events across the Nation.
Working this through in Berkshire, to kick things off, will give us some great learning to apply to the national road-show.
SOCIAL MEDIA BUSINESS AWARDS BERKSHIRE 2012
- • 29th March 2012 we launch a call for local businesses to join in from East Berkshire College’s Careers Day… fitting… with helping to find work for thousands of young people who most definitely need a little light of hope in their lives.
• First 10 entries from each of the following towns:
- o Bracknell
o Windsor & Maidenhead
• Each will be asked to say, in 140 words or less, how they are using the following to grow their business:
- o Face 2 Face business networking
o Creation of micro-sites that put SEO company pages
o Use of digital strategies in local newspapers
o Email marketing campaigns
o Mobile apps
o Sales team uniform, strategic use of social media engagement
• Obviously very few companies will be using all of the above and a brilliant example of how just using one channel is paying dividends could well be enough to get your company through to the final 3… being able to give us 140 words on just 3 of the above elements is enough to see you into the first round…
• THE FIRST 10 ENTRIES FROM EACH TOWN QUALIFY FOR THE FIRST ROUND: Jon won his own award because he was listening and chose to engage. Hundreds of social media people around the UK have bigger databases… they failed to hear the call… Jon had a small database of active listeners who responded to his call… there is an old phrase “You’ve got to be in it to win it!”
• The Internet is 24/7 and so that is the price of entry… £247 + VAT could make you the inaugural winner of the Social Media Business Awards and no-one can take that away from you…
On receipt of payment your entry will be registered… only 10 from each town can apply. Thank you.
SOCIAL MEDIA BUSINESS AWARDS BERKSHIRE TIMINGS
For your entry fee, as a minimum, you’ll get a listing on both the local BinB website. We’ll share your own press releases through our Business in Berkshire network until 21st June 2013. BinB gets around 3,000,000 pages views a year, so lots of eyeballs on our world. Our BinB LinkedIn Group has over 1300 members.
If you are lucky enough to progress through the rounds to the final then there will be more publicity shining a light on your business…
CALLING FOR SPONSORS OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA BUSINESS AWARDS
As well as entrants, we are looking for sponsors of the Social Media Business Awards… if you like the sound of the above and the potential it could offer your brand then please call Jon Davey on 01753 852904.
As with all things, as we prove the potential the value of sponsorship will increase… so could be beneficial to get in early and get the best price on the deal!
Director of Customer Experience