When I read about Social Media Week 2012, I recalled hearing about SMW11 and so figured, WOW this is a few years old now, must be part of social media culture, best join in
I checked our own calendar and …
Learn how to maximise your LinkedIn profile in the morning and then after lunch, tune into the importance of blogging and sharing your wisdom far and wide…
Our London half day workshops are going down a treat so we wondered if we combined a morning session on LinkedIn with an afternoon session on better business blogging, how that would work out in the popularity stakes in Windsor.
Do Berkshire’s business people want to get their heads around blogging? As luck would have it, Mark White, who runs our LinkedIn workshops to rave reviews, spent 2005-10 creating the betterbusinessblogging.com website which attracts thousands of visitors every month.
So as with the LinkedIn top tips, you can sign up to the blogging top tips for FREE or you can come along and spend a day learning how to make the most of the two most important social media tools in your virtual tool box.
Keeping the model simple, you can attend either session individually for £145 + VAT, which includes lunch or you can attend the full day for just £245 + VAT.
Please pay via PayPal below or we can invoice, simply email billing details to email@example.com and we’ll forward an invoice, payable before the course date. Thank you.
Please review the LinkedIn workshop details below and to get an idea of Mark’s extensive knowledge on blogging, visit his betterbusinessblogging.com website.
There are now over 135m business people worldwide and over 8m in the UK (let alone 150,000 within a 10 mile radius of Windsor) who consider LinkedIn to be the pre-eminent business networking platform online. A key place online where professionals have the ability to connect, develop their sales and market themselves, their skills, services and products.
Using live demos, the LinkedIn for Business workshop in Windsor is designed to ensure that you are best placed to use the power and opportunities of LinkedIn for you and your business, giving you the know-how to market yourself, increase your visibility & reputation and, most importantly, develop new business on it.
We’ll be covering:
• How to get the most out of LinkedIn
• Key considerations when creating a Profile which will market and sell for you
• Developing your network and integrating your current one
• How to best connect with people (and how not to)
• Tools on LinkedIn to promote you and your business
• Targeting prospects using the Advanced Search and other tools
• LinkedIn applications making your life easier
• A recommended weekly LinkedIn regime
… and many more key areas …
Questions are encouraged throughout – the format is a mixture of slides, used to introduce the key areas we are looking at, before then going online to demonstrate the capabilities of the site in live situations.
What you take away
The cost of the Windsor LinkedIn for Business Workshop is just £145 and includes:
• Half-day workshop covering Using LinkedIn for Business
• Handout pack containing slides for note taking
• Document covering LinkedIn Profile Setup & Optimisation
• 4 weeks email support (for any follow up questions while putting the contents of the session into practice)
LinkedIn for Business Windsor Workshop Overview
Our Windsor LinkedIn for Business workshop covers the following areas:
i) Introduction to LinkedIn
• Why LinkedIn is key and its place in the social media and business worlds
• Setting your LinkedIn strategy
• Getting your Settings right for you as a recruiter
ii) Creating the right profile: the cornerstone of your LinkedIn activity
• Developing your profile to attract new prospects and clients as well as acting as “social proof” for referrals and word of mouth
• Getting to the top of search results on LinkedIn for your target keywords
• Using the available applications to enhance your visibility and credibility
iii) Developing your network to increase your reach and visibility
• Methods and approaches to extend your network
• Using the advanced search facilities to find the right candidates and target new business
• How to approach and connect with people – and how not to!
• Opportunities with the ‘tagging’ function examined
iv) Raising your profile and marketing yourself, your company and services
• Developing and raising your profile to set you apart from the competition on LinkedIn
• Updates: how to use them best without re-inventing the wheel
• Groups: participating sensibly and establishing your own
• Answers, events, messaging, testimonials and other on site tools
v) Company tools and coordinating activities
• Setting up and developing a powerful set of Company Pages
• Listening tools and how to get the best from them
• Coordination at a company and team level
• Ensuring all your target areas are covered
vi) Establishing a LinkedIn routine
• Getting organised and making best use of your time
• Key activities and how to arrange them
• LinkedIn Tools to help you achieve this while managing your time
For the latest open social media and LinkedIn workshops and training event details click the link.
To discuss the opportunities further please contact
Social Media Director
Or complete our enquiry form… Thank you.
Via Scoop.it – Social Media Awards
The biggest IPO of the decade will be taking place next Wednesday. Yup you guessed it right that of Facebook. According to a report from Wall Street Journal, Facebook will file its paperwork for an Initial Public Offering on Wednesday the 1st of February 2012.
Just done a search for “marketing assistant” OR “marketing intern” based within a 10 mile radius of HQ… got a great opportunity for them but they need to know it exists…
LinkedIn is showing 165 and so now all I need to do is tell them about it… but only 10 are in any connecting groups !
I guess they think LinkedIn is for older farts like me Well these are the old farts with jobs going so they’d better get their stuff together and start engaging on Linkedin… call themselves marketing assistants
As they say, “It’s not the size, it’s how you use it!”
In 2012 there are thousands of social media platforms to choose from but which one will you use for what purpose is the question… do you choose the big platforms because you’ve heard the names mentioned so many times by so many “experts” that you feel you really should… or do you wait and see what floats past your view finder?
The reality is you need to understand the main platforms so you can add them to, or remove them from, your to do list…
If you’re in the B2B space, looking to find more customers, then a must visit and find out more about site is LinkedIn, of that there is no doubt in my mind. The closer you look to LinkedIn the more you appreciate both its simplicity and its amazing power and potential… truly a business lead generation platform you need to spend some time on.
But then there are other, newer, cleaner coded platforms that you’ll have never heard of. That have been thought through by their creators, designed, coded and ready for the world to engage with but because they are not on everyone’s lips, you are unlikely to explore their websites to find out more… unless you are lucky enough to bump into them through a random search… or the strategic use of social media!
At the Social Media Business Awards events we find new tools and give them a platform on which to shine… we hope to introduce UK platforms developed by local home grown talent but it is likely that they are shy in coming forward, being British. We’ll have to wait for them to show themselves while we celebrate great social media tools we have found that are being a little more vocal… probably US based because they’re not that shy when it comes to business and we all could learn from them.
Book your seat for our new Social Media Business Awards and get their bright and early for my presentation “Social Media Business Sales Update…”
Book your seat for the UK Social Media Business Awards Dinner £75 + VAT
The whole point of the UK Social Media Business Awards is to make new connections, meet buyers, suppliers and industry colleagues. We ensure the whole event is a learning experience… finding out how different social media platforms and service could help your business grow and prosper… we ensure you meet at least 25 people during the course of the day, this is to help those who prefer not to make the first moves and so usually don’t get to meet many people at events.
UK Social Media Business Award enquiries…
Social Media Awards Organiser
Call 01753 852904
Or connect via LinkedIn