The Business Blogging Workshop is designed to give an overall view of how blogging can be used within an organisation, where blogging might sit and the benefits it could bring.
The all day event includes examples from the corporate world to demonstrate some ways in which blogs can be used as well as looking at some of the practical steps that should be followed when setting up and developing one.
1. What is a Blog (and how blogging became a key business tool!)
So what is a Business blog in 2010, how are business blogs used now (and how could one benefit you) and a brief overview of the influences that have had been key in developing and shaping them from society, business and technical viewpoints.
- Technical and society influences on Blogging
- The move from personal to business blogs and beyond
- The current state of corporate and business blogging
2. Placing blogging within a business context
How blogging interacts and is influenced by different parts of an organisation and the multitude of different ways it can be used. From a marketing perspective, we consider the elements that are important in developing a successful ongoing blogging strategy.
- Influences (both internal and external) which affect companies blogging
- How blogs interact with other marketing & PR activities
- What can blogging achieve in business terms?
3. Blogs from the Corporate World
There are many organisations benefiting massively from the blogs they run, ranging from individuals, through small businesses of all types and multinationals. Here we look at some corporate blogs as examples of how blogging is already being used in the business world.
- Examples of business blogs and how companies use blogging from multinationals to individual companies
- Different uses that blogs can be put to
- Anatomy of a successful Business Blog
4. Starting and Developing a Blog
A practical guide to the elements which need to be considered when starting and developing a company blog to ensure its success and help achieve the goals outlined for it.
- The Green Cross Code of Business Blogging
- Tools and information sources available
- Promotion methods to help broadcast and push the blog’s content
5. Planning your own blog
Bringing together elements and feedback to outline the practical steps towards the successful development and launch of a company blog. This would include discussion of the actions and inputs that would be required and where they could come from.
- Looking at the key questions and planning required
- Elements that need to be in place for success
- Development of a series of next steps
Book Your Business Blogging Workshop
Jon Davey and Mark White have been immersed in the online marketing world for many years and they have teamed up to bring you this very special one day workshop.
Individuals can join us for our open events at a cost of £250 + VAT per person which includes lunch
Concessions for early bird booking & those currently unemployed
Please call 01753 852904 to book your seat or to discuss your needs in more detail.